Starting in July 2017, for no reason, I started drawing female cyborgs. Productivity always comes and goes with open ended projects, so when I find a curious well of productivity, I explore as much as I can.
Fast forward to October, the month also known as #inktober. There are general rules for inktober, but the gist is: draw something and post one picture a day on social media for all of october. I didn’t set any expectations, but as the month wore on, I realized several things about drawing every day and posting every day that I’d like to share below:
- When you search for inspiration every day, you learn more about yourself
- When you draw every day, you refine your designs
- When you post every day, you understand your audience better
- When you post every day, you understand your professional network better
- When you draw within a theme every day, you realize the kind of story you want to tell within that theme
So here are the 31 drawings I did for Inktober. And yes, I figured out a story I want to tell about female cyborgs. More in an upcoming post!